Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Read "Overlooked" by Jaylin Paschal on ACEANI MICHELLE

I've written a fashion article. You read that correctly.

For a feature on the Aceani Michelle style blog and in the new fashion magazine, (DE-FI)ance, I was asked to explore the societal impact of style and fashion.

As I was feeling, honestly, a bit under qualified to write such an article, and was wandering beyond my comfort zone, the aspect of society I chose to write about was actually the aspect least like society: countercultures.

In this article I touch on how sub and countercultures have used style to send important messages in relation to the group's intentions, attitudes, and movements. I examine groups like the swinger's of the 1920's, the Black Panther Party, hippies, and the KKK in an attempt to demonstrate just how influential "a look" is on our social behaviors, lifestyle choices, and political ideals.


Check it out HERE on Aceani's blog. Be sure to read her posts, draw inspiration from her style, and be envious of the models lucky enough to wear her original designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment