Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 Reflection

2015 has come and gone more quickly than I'd like to think about. As ready as I am to move on from it, I have to admit, it was a good year.

I'm loving someone way more than I would usually allow myself to.
I developed my voice as a writer.
I had my first spoken word performance.
I went to New York City.
I was in a wedding.
I attended Black Lives Matter protests.
I cut my hair off.
I photographed an art show.
I went to Orange Beach.
I had the perfect, corny Valentine's date to an aquarium.
I saw someone I hadn't seen for five years and explored Chicago with them.
I went to DC.
I saw J. Cole perform live.
I had a surprise party thrown for my birthday.

I edited and published the first print magazine for my school's journalism program.
I met Nikki Giovanni.
I won first place in a poetry contest I forgot I entered.
I saw Basquiat pieces in person.
I saw Kendrick Lamar perform live.
I became a published poet.
I got my dream internship.
I got my dream internship turned into my dream job.
I went to Atlanta for a cancelled Afropunk festival.
I attended an art gallery opening.

I owe so much love, light, and life to 2015. This reflection was important, as it reminded me of blessings and prompted a positive close to the year. I have appreciation for the past and anticipate the future. Life is good.

See ya next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment